🎧 Listening to the online underground
Backchannel specializes in building and operating intelligence data platforms so that customers can track the threats that are most meaningful to them.
🔍 Threat intelligence services
Backchannel supplies customers with a range of collections, analysis, and operations services. Our global collections platform allows us to deliver broad coverage with a light footprint, and provide customers with granular insights to empower business risk decisions. Read more ➡️
🪝 Adversary intelligence tooling
Our newest tool Telex creates visibility in investigations where there is none. Telex already aids security operators, counter harassment, phishing exercises, human intelligence collection, and much more. Read more ➡️
🪲 Finding threats in the software supply chain
Our recent research examines the attack surface of an open source project, and how open source software can be analyzed so as to defend against an adversary. Read more ➡️
📰 In the news:
- Washington Post: This facial recognition website can turn anyone into a cop — or a stalkerSentinelOne: Attributing Deceptive Hack-and-Leak Operations
- Washington Post: This facial recognition website can turn anyone into a cop — or a stalker
- Daily Mail: Explicit photos of hundreds of OnlyFans performers have reportedly been leaked online by hackers
- Bleeping Computer: Adult content from hundreds of OnlyFans creators leaked online
- Gizmodo: "70,000 Tinder Photos of Women Just Got Dumped on a Cyber-Crime Forum"
You can find us all over the web!
The purpose of Backchannel is to modernize the toolkit for internet defenders.
We are building the next generation of collection, analysis, and deception technologies that empower security operators to better understand their adversaries.
This purpose cannot come at the expense of privacy, human decency, or free expression.